How to stay up to date on Laws and Regulations?

Good morning, I am looking for a way to stay on top of all of the new/changing regulations. Our former lawyer used to subscribe to a bunch of blogs and receive notices as changes were going to occur, but did not share their resources with us before departing the company. 

What is the best method to stay on top of Laws and regulations? I appreciate any guidance provided. 

Thank you!

18 minutes ago, KOWil77 said:

Good morning, I am looking for a way to stay on top of all of the new/changing regulations. Our former lawyer used to subscribe to a bunch of blogs and receive notices as changes were going to occur, but did not share their resources with us before departing the company. 

What is the best method to stay on top of Laws and regulations? I appreciate any guidance provided. 

Thank you!

Personally I believe you are exactly where you should be.  The question back to you is have you spent time on the home page of WIFCON and surfed and reviewed every corner, and I mean every corner of WIFCON?  If not I think you will find much of what you are looking for and if not you will be able to target where you believe you ned to find more info on specific topics.   

Considering your post start here on WIFCON - 

http://www.wifcon.com/legal.html

and here 

http://www.wifcon.com/rules.html

Agree that Wifcon can’t be beat.  Another option is VAO.  It’s an annual subscription costing $25K that includes licenses for up to 25 users.  It provides a whole lot of information but one of the most useful items if you are busy is the daily news email.  The email includes brief summary of all the acquisition news for the day with links for detailed looks if you like.  The nice thing is you can look at the daily message from any device you have at the time including your phone.

Go to the second line from the top here and click "Blogs."  You will find 5 blogs from 5 of the top contracting law firms in the United States.

Every day view the Wifcon.com Home Page.  You will find all the FAR and DFARS changes that are published that day.  You will also find Agency Supplemets to the FAR System when they are published.  It has been for 25 years and still is the fastest way to find those changes.  

If you are looking to get email notices whenever a proposed or final rule comes out, try this:

• go to the federal register website at https://www.federalregister.gov/
  • create an account
  • go to "advanced document search" at the top menu
  • enter "acquisition" for the search term
  • click the buttons for "rule" and proposed rule"
  • in the field for "affecting CFR Part" enter 48
  • click on "search"

You will now get results for several years. Ignore them (unless you are interested in a particular recent rule).

Now go to the upper right of the page and click on "subscribe." Click on the "notify when published" button for email notifications. 

You should now receive an email notification when a proposed or final acquisition rule comes out. This has worked for me so far. I don't get extraneous federal register notices, and I believe I am getting all relevant acquisition-related rules. I'm comparing my results to other sources so I might have to tweak my search, but it seems to be giving me what I want.

6 hours ago, bob7947 said:

Go to the second line from the top here and click "Blogs."  You will find 4 blogs from 4 of the top contracting law firms in the United States.

Every day view the Wifcon.com Home Page.  You will find all the FAR and DFARS changes that are published that day.  You will also find Agency Supplemets to the FAR System when they are published.  It has been for 25 years and still is the fastest way to find those changes.  

ABSOLUTELY!!! I was one of the first members to join Bob’s original WIFCON Forum and the WIFCON Home Page was my home page for at least 15 years, even after my initial retirement.

I also used to go almost daily to the GAO and ASBCA websites to read the Protests and Claims decisions.