On 5/5/23, Wifcon.com's Discussion Board was finally fixed after years.  Then on 5/5/23, its SSL Certificate expired.  Because it expired, I was warned every time I tried to use this site and had to fight with google to see it.

To renew the SSL certificate, I had to renew it with Network Solutions around 11 PM on 5/5/23.  After it was renewed by Network Solutions, they gave me a lengthy registration number to take to my Web Host which is Inmotion.  I took it to Inmotion and they didn't know what to do with it, at first.  Finally, Inmotion's Advanced chat figured it out and added the registration number to my DNS server--yes, we all get numbers.  Then, I had to go back to Network Solutions to check with them.  It was now after midnight whn I got the all clear from Network Solutions that everything is correct and all I had to do is wait 24 hours to ave the SSL Certificate take effect.

The 24 hours will end late Saturday, 5/6/23 but I still see the little red https. 

If you have experienced any problems seeing Wifcon.com, don't worry because soon the SSL Certificate will take effect if Network Solutions and Inmotion know what they are doing.

Maybe, by the end of the weekend I will get a break from Wifcon.com.

The SSL Certificate has not kicked in yet.  It shoud late tonight but I still expect that it won't work correctly and I will have to seek someone to correct it on Monday.  It's been like that for 25 years.

2 hours ago, bob7947 said:

After spending one of the worst wekends in my life dealing with the misinformed.  The SSL Certificate was correctly installed and tested.

I'm going to take a well-deserved nap.

Good Night.

Thanks, Bob. Sorry for your extreme difficulties. 

The good part is:

1. the discussion search is corrected and I can use the events page again,
  2. the SSL was extended to the discussion pages, and finally
  3. all pages are now operating correctly under the SSL Certificate and it will last for a year.

and now, 

1. i can move on to upgrading the non-discussion pages of the site.

That will take me some time.