Denial Of Service Attack Against Google.com

bob7947

There appears to be an internet-based, ongoing "denial of service" (DoS) attack against Google. I became aware of this last night; do not know the source; etc. When you use the google search on wifcon.com you get a note beginning with "We're Sorry." I'm trying to figure out what is going on too.

There appears to be an internet-based, ongoing "denial of service" (DoS) attack against Google. I became aware of this last night; do not know the source; etc. When you use the google search on wifcon.com you get a note beginning with "We're Sorry." I'm trying to figure out what is going on too.

I've been doing some checking and wifcon.com is not the only site being affected by whatever google.com is doing with their search engine. Unfortuntely, Mr. Google does not grant audiences with mortals. As a result, I am left to pitter and wonder about what to do.

I've been doing some checking and wifcon.com is not the only site being affected by whatever google.com is doing with their search engine. Unfortuntely, Mr. Google does not grant audiences with mortals. As a result, I am left to pitter and wonder about what to do.

I've added as new search to the home page. This is just for test purposes.

I've added as new search to the home page. This is just for test purposes.

Bob, just to advise you that I tried the Google search for "Alabama Insurance Underwriting Association (AIUA)" on the WIFCON Home Page and it did not work, whereas a search on the GOOGLE Home page provided the relevant information.

I also searched for "USAA" on the Google search feature on WIFCON Home page and it did work that time.

Just thought I'd let you know since you are testing the new feature.

Happy Sails! Joel Hoffman

Bob, just to advise you that I tried the Google search for "Alabama Insurance Underwriting Association (AIUA)" on the WIFCON Home Page and it did not work, whereas a search on the GOOGLE Home page provided the relevant information.

I also searched for "USAA" on the Google search feature on WIFCON Home page and it did work that time.

Just thought I'd let you know since you are testing the new feature.

Happy Sails! Joel Hoffman

The search on the Wifcon.com home page is a custom search that only covers what is on Wifcon.com.

The search on the Wifcon.com home page is a custom search that only covers what is on Wifcon.com.

Thanks for the clarification about the custom search, Bob. I see now that GOOGLE Ads appear with a "No Results" statement at the bottom.