Bid Evaluations

Does anyone know if it's typical for a panel of evaluators on a particular federal agency's RFQ (Agency A) to be partially made up of personnel that work at other federal agencies (Agency B and Agency C)?

Also, can a CO serve at more than one agency at a time?

Thank you in advance for any guidance you can provide!

39 minutes ago, lawyergirl said:

Does anyone know if it's typical for a panel of evaluators on a particular federal agency's RFQ (Agency A) to be partially made up of personnel that work at other federal agencies (Agency B and Agency C)?

It depends upon the type of acquisition, if the acquisition is an action under an existing contract or if this is for a new contract, which agency is awarding the contract or action under an existing contract and who the ultimate user agency is.

Can you provide any clarification?

42 minutes ago, lawyergirl said:

Please clarify what you mean by “serve at”. 

Yes, it’s common.  Sometimes agencies don’t have sufficient in-house expertise.  Occasionally, they want independent views.  Other times they seek buy-in from another agency through the other agency being part.

17 hours ago, lawyergirl said:

Hi there, thanks so much for your reply!  This is a recompete RFQ for work at a civil agency.  By "serve at" I mean "works at".  Does this help?

I don’t think that one KO can work at more than one agency at a time. A KO, working at one agency, can award a contract or an order under a contract to support another agency or a contract that can be used by another agency.

I’ve occasionally seen contracts that were transferred from one agency to another agency. I think that is rare. 

I don't know if it is typical, but certainly it is allowable.  I have seen it happen several times in my career. 

Sure, why not?  Several years ago, I simultaneously held an unlimited contracting officer's warrant in the Defense Department and an unlimited contracting officer's warrant in the Commerce Department, and awarded contracts under the jurisdiction of both departments.

33 minutes ago, ji20874 said:

Sure, why not?  Several years ago, I simultaneously held an unlimited contracting officer's warrant in the Defense Department and an unlimited contracting officer's warrant in the Commerce Department, and awarded contracts under the jurisdiction of both departments.

By "serve at" I mean "works at".  Does this help?

ji, did you work at two different Departments? That implies that you were simultaneously employed by two different Departments.

Or were you employed by one Department but performed KO duties for the two different Departments?

Edited by joel hoffman
Simultaneously

1 hour ago, ji20874 said:

I was a Defense employee posted in a Commerce organization -- we used Defense rules and approvals for some contracts, and Commerce rules and approvals for other contracts.

Got it, thanks.