CPARS evaluation period.

ArrieS

General CPARS are done after the end of the evaluation period. Is that always 12 months even if the period of performance is 24 months? Or, does the evaluation period align with whatever the period of performance is even if it is more than 12 months, without options?

I had a contractor asking about their CPARS for a task order whose base period of performance is 24 months. It hasn't even been 12 months since the task order was awarded but the fact it's 24 months made me wonder.

Thank you,

7 minutes ago, ArrieS said:

General CPARS are done after the end of the evaluation period. Is that always 12 months even if the period of performance is 24 months? Or, does the evaluation period align with whatever the period of performance is even if it is more than 12 months, without options?

I had a contractor asking about their CPARS for a task order whose base period of performance is 24 months. It hasn't even been 12 months since the task order was awarded but the fact it's 24 months made me wonder.

Thank you,

FAR 42.1502(a).     CPARS itself, which I understand, will ping you when an evaluation is required by the system itself based on general rules.  Also there is FAR 42.1503(a)(3) where there may be agency procedures on timing as well.

Is it for services?

EDIT: The reason that I ask is that, for construction contracts, the periods might vary, depending upon Agency policy/regs.

For instance, US Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) Regulation ER 715-1-17 (dated 2012) requires an interim Contractor Performance Evaluation (CPE) at the midpoint of a contract or task order with a performance period of 24 months or longer. The Contracting Officer (KO) may require additional interim CPE(s).

For a contract with multiple on-going task orders, there are various alternatives. Examples are, contract level interim CPE or individual task order level CPE’s, depending upon the type of work, single or multiple locations of the work, effects on project performance by design subcontractor firms on a design-build task order, performance by key subs, such as  trade subs, etc.

The USACE regs require that the contract admin office (CAO) discuss the topic of interim and final CPE’s with the Contractor during the post award and/or pre-construction conference

The agency regs also discuss how to reflect design firm and/or key subcontractor(s) performance in the interim and/or final CPE. There are no separate CPE’s prepared for design firm(s) or other key subs.

Edited by joel hoffman
Reflects an example of agency reg for construction contracts.

7 minutes ago, ArrieS said:

It is for a service but not construction. It's R&D which is why the base period is 2 years.

Thanks for your clarification. I wanted to mention that there may be distinctions between different types of contracts. 🤠