Contract Type Suggestions

I am currently doing research for a new vehicle for micro-purchase orders. My agency currently has a lot of Method of Payment (MOP) orders, which are micro-purchase orders that are paid with a government credit card for short term (up to a year) multifunctional device lease. These sole source orders are extending existing IDIQ/BPA orders because vendors are short on supply due to pandemic.

We are trying to resolve the administrative burden after the contract has been written. The order has to be built again in the US Bank system CLIN by CLIN, then the cardholder must call the vendor for invoice submission, as well as payment, next the invoice must be signed by the EMS POC, then the contract/mods along with the invoices must be uploaded to the US bank system, then the cardholder reviews and approves each entry. After the cardholder final approves, the Billing official must review, and approve each transaction against the contracts/mods as well as any applicable documentation. Based on the review the Billing Official must reject back for the card holder to correct any errors. When correct the Billing Official can approve each transaction and then certify the statement for each month.

We are trying to find other contract types for micro purchase orders so that we could use WAWF invoicing instead of the credit card,  Do you have any suggestions?

One solution is to create a BPA with each vendor, where each order would be a micro-purchase order using WAWF invoicing system. This requirement would be classified as service.

42 minutes ago, meganmarie5009 said:

multifunctional device lease

…is like this, for example, I assume? 
https://qualityops.com/lease-multifunction-copiers-baton-rouge/

…or

https://www.gsa.gov/cdnstatic/General_Supplies__Services/GSA_MFD_Buying_Guide.pdf

2 hours ago, meganmarie5009 said:

The issue that we are running into is that it takes too much time for the credit card payment to be released to vendors. We have to wait until all options on the MOP order are exercised to release a payment, and we cannot pay them on monthly basis. Moreover, the contactor is charging government a credit card surcharge.

This confuses me.  Why is is it taking too long for release of a payment to a vendor?  By whom their bank?  Also delayed payment is implied as a result of a delay in government receipt would not the same occur with regard to WAWF as well?

My questions are based on FAR 32.1108

2 hours ago, joel hoffman said:

Yes that is correct, currently there are IDIQs set in place for all new orders, but the vendors aren't able to meet a period of performance that starts before 8/1/23. The MOP orders we are places are a bridge between now and when the next new order can start. 

1 hour ago, C Culham said:

This confuses me.  Why is is it taking too long for release of a payment to a vendor?  By whom their bank?  Also delayed payment is implied as a result of a delay in government receipt would not the same occur with regard to WAWF as well?

My questions are based on FAR 32.1108

Good Morning, I have edited my post to state this in a better manner. I just spoke to someone in my office and my previous information was incorrect.

4 hours ago, meganmarie5009 said:

We are trying to find other contract types for micro purchase orders so that we could use WAWF invoicing instead of the credit card,  Do you have any suggestions?

Are you aware of the policy at DFARS 213.270? Does your situation meet one of the exceptions?

6 hours ago, meganmarie5009 said:

One solution is to create a BPA with each vendor, where each order would be a micro-purchase order using WAWF invoicing system.

How about creating a BPA for micropurchase calls, and then placing the calls via GCPC as the method of purchase, vice the method of payment? Then you should avoid any of the complications of loading a contract in the US Bank system, since to them the calls will look exactly like stand-alone GCPC purchases.

You may be able to do the same thing with an IDIQ and GCPC ordering, but my higher headquarters has decided that anything outside of FAR Subpart 13 requires a warrant in addition to the GCPC appointment letter, even below the micropurchase threshold, so the BPA thing is easier for us.

Our customers still don't like it because GCPC purchase request generation/approval/transaction matching, etc. has become so burdensome they would rather use WAWF, but we're trying to comply with DFARS 213.270 as often as possible.

I will admit I cannot grasp fully the whole of matter.  I do understand to a degree the burden issue.  Yet I do wonder about use WAWF and its acceptance by the contractors for this particular situation.  Considering required WAWF clauses what do the contractors think is more burdensome....GPC or WAWF?  

Just a thought.