Jump to content
The Wifcon Forums and Blogs

Recommended Posts

An RFI stipulates that the RFP will be released as a GSA BPA. A company, while otherwise eligible, cannot accept BPA contracts as its schedule is almost run out. Company is applying for a new schedule and expects to receive it, but cannot guarantee that the new schedule will be awarded by the estimated date the proposal will be due. 

1 Should company respond?

2 Will the CO take the company's eligibility and interest in the work into account when deciding whether to set the contract aside?

 

Thanks for your thoughts

Link to post
Share on other sites

Describing the company as "otherwise eligible" might be overly generous.

Question 1 is a crap shoot.  Maybe the company qualifies as eligible (gets a schedule contract) before the RFQ due date, maybe it doesn't.

For Question 2, the company can submit a quote-- if it is an excellent quote, the contracting officer might take the company's ineligibility into consideration and cancel the RFQ with plans to re-solicit using another approach.  But that's a crap shoot, too.  And unlikely, if other competent schedule contractors submit decent quotes.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, contractor100 said:

1 Should company respond?

2 Will the CO take the company's eligibility and interest in the work into account when deciding whether to set the contract aside?

Probably yes to both.  One of the things CO's look for in an RFI are what sources are available and where.  I have personally been persuaded to switch acquisiiton vehicles due to feedback, including RFI responses.  Like a reallly outstanding company tells us they are not on X (say GSA's FSS) but are on Y (say NITAAC) that will weigh in my decision about switching from X to Y. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...