Guest PepeTheFrog

Guest PepeTheFrog

Details for the upcoming solicitation for THE WALL are available on FedBizOpps (FBO):design-build structure, solicitation 2017-JC-RT-0001. Any thoughts on evaluation factors?

https://www.fbo.gov/index?s=opportunity&mode=form&id=b8e1b2a6876519ca0aedd748e1e491cf&tab=core&_cview=0

"The Dept. of Homeland Security, Customs and Border Protection (CBP) intends on issuing a solicitation in electronic format on or about March 6, 2017 for the design and build of several prototype wall structures in the vicinity of the United States border with Mexico. The procurement will be conducted in two phases, the first requiring vendors to submit a concept paper of their prototype(s) by March 10, 2017, which will result in the evaluation and down select of offerors by March 20, 2017.  The second phase will require the down select of phase 1 offerors to submit proposals in response to the full RFP by March 24, 2017, which will include price.  Multiple awards are contemplated by mid-April for this effort.  An option for additional miles may be included in each contract award."

Guest Vern Edwards

The method they use will  have no impact on the program outcome. They're going to do some kind of design competition. I wish them luck. It won't be finished in the remainder of my lifetime. The litigation will last through most of my kids' lifetimes.

We should go to Mars, instead. We'll never recover our prestige If the Chinese beat us. We'll officially be second-rate.

I have some friends who want to send in their own designs for the wall through the FBO posting (you know crayons, glitter, crate paper, etc.) as some minor civil disobedience.  I've warned them that this probably won't have any effect besides making those DHS contracting folks' life miserable.  Thoughts?  Also, I'm not aware of any laws against making "frivolous proposals", but there still may be some.  Anyone aware of anything like that?

Guest PepeTheFrog

CDBurner,

PepeTheFrog does not think what you described is civil disobedience. It sounds like the submission of a cheeky proposal.

As far as thoughts: It sounds like some other types of "protest": activity that effects no political change whatsoever, but only serves to make the participant(s) feel good. Your friends will probably feel very good and have some laughs.

PepeTheFrog is not aware of any laws against submitting cheeky proposals.

Guest Vern Edwards
40 minutes ago, CDBurner said:

I've warned them that this probably won't have any effect besides making those DHS contracting folks' life miserable.  Thoughts?

It might amuse them. They might put the submissions on display.