Book/Website Recommendations for Government Contracting

Hi,

I’m wanting to brush up on all subcontracts/contract's information such as processes, compliance, proposal process, definitions, etc. I know the FAR is a great starting point (specifically parts 6 & 15) for compliance information but is there any other book or website sources that will help me review a lot of this type of stuff? I appreciate any recommendations.

Thank you!

21 hours ago, william.hill said:

Hi,

I’m wanting to brush up on all subcontracts/contract's information such as processes, compliance, proposal process, definitions, etc. I know the FAR is a great starting point (specifically parts 6 & 15) for compliance information but is there any other book or website sources that will help me review a lot of this type of stuff? I appreciate any recommendations.

Thank you!

Just in case, but I imagine you have, but have you done a deep dive in the "Recommended Reading" topic of this Forum?   It might give you some possible ideas.

Formation of Government Contracts, 5th ed., by Cibinic, et al.

Administration of Government Contracts, 5th ed., by Cibinic, et al.

The Government Contracts Reference Book, 5th ed., by Nash, et al.

Also, go to the home page, upper right hand corner, and click on Readings, then follow the links to various readings.

6 hours ago, C Culham said:

Just in case, but I imagine you have, but have you done a deep dive in the "Recommended Reading" topic of this Forum?   It might give you some possible ideas.

Hi. Yes, I saw it after looking through the forums. I will check it now. Thanks!

4 hours ago, Vern Edwards said:

Also, go to the home page, upper right hand corner, and click on Readings, then follow the links to various readings.

I will check out the readings section. I have The Government Contracts Reference Book but I’ll look to get the other two. Thanks for the input!

6 hours ago, Vern Edwards said:

I agree wholeheartedly. Look for paperback editions. 

Since I was initially administering awarded contracts, I first read, studied and frequently referred to the first edition of Administration of Government Contracts. Our Corps of Engineers District provided a copy to every Resident Contracting Officer (after 1984 renamed ACO) Office. I used it and kept current with the later editions on every subsequent job assignment/promotion.

Later, when I also became involved with new competitive source selections and negotiating sole source contracts at the District Office Level, I did the same thing with Formation of Government Contracts.

It probably depends on which aspect of the acquisition life cycle your current job is most relevant to… 

I also managed to have whatever office I was assigned to subscribe to monthly editions of Construction Claims Monthly and other contracting periodicals (e.g., The Nash and Cibinic Report) - pre-Internet. After we had Internet access, I checked daily for protests and Disputes.

I had access to our District Office Law Library, to visit at least once a week.