Shay Assad on 60 Minutes, May 21, 2023

Mr. Assad was interviewed on "60 Minutes" on Sunday, May 21, and stated that contractors are "gouging" DOD.

See "Weapons contractors hitting Department of Defense with inflated prices for planes, submarines, missiles"

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/weapons-contractors-price-gouging-pentagon-60-minutes-transcript-2023-05-21/

A transcript of the program is available.

60 Minutes also interviewed a former contracting officer and auditor. They also interviewed a retired Air Force lieutenant general who managed the F-35 program.

The program describes the cuts to the acquisition workforce, which Shay said were disastrous.

I watched it and agree with Shay Assad. My former attitude, based upon my experience with him when he worked for Raytheon on the Chemical Weapons Demilitarization Program has considerably softened. As a former industry insider, he knows what he is talking about and is now representing the interests of the Taxpayers, even when he also has to fight the Federal Goverment/Congressional political establishment.

Reminds me of Wisconsin Senator William Proxmire and his monthly Golden Fleece Awards.