Representations & Certifications from Foreign Companies

59 minutes ago, tjsmith1957 said:

My company is working a bid to AFRL and are utilizing foreign 3rd party suppliers and need to know if I am required to obtain representations and certifications from the foreign suppliers. 

Some contract clauses and solicitation provisions require certifications by subcontractors. See, e.g., the clause at FAR 52.203-12, paragraph (g):

(g) Subcontracts.

(1) The Contractor shall obtain a declaration, including the certification and disclosure in paragraphs (c) and (d) of the provision at FAR 52.203–11, Certification and Disclosure Regarding Payments to Influence Certain Federal Transactions, from each person requesting or receiving a subcontract under this contract that exceeds the threshold specified in FAR 3.808 on the date of subcontract award. The Contractor or subcontractor that awards the subcontract shall retain the declaration.

To the best of my knowledge there is only one way to know when you need a certification from a foreign prospective subcontractor or subcontractor𑁋Read each solicitation provision and contract clause.

On 5/10/2023 at 7:15 AM, tjsmith1957 said:

My company is working a bid to AFRL and are utilizing foreign 3rd party suppliers and need to know if I am required to obtain representations and certifications from the foreign suppliers. 

You could look at at one company did to get the gist of it and then do your own research regarding your company's prime contract clauses and solicitation provisions. See for example, https://www.meggitt.com/resources/Meggitt_FAR_DFARS_Supplier_Certifications_August_2022.pdf