What type of numbers (using dollar values) should be inserted for the fill-ins under FAR 52.216-19? I have received a couple of different views on this. Some say use my unit price, or the minimum/lowest CLIN value, and the maximum CLIN, then a sum of selected CLINs.

My goal is to award an IDIQ contract. Task Orders (non-competitive) with fixed-prices will be issued under the IDIQ contract. There are optional CLINs with a possible minimum estimated cost of $46K to $56K, but there is no way to know when or the duration of these services. I have estimated a duration based information in the SOW . The maximum amount of the IDIQ is under $550K. Please advise.

Guest Vern Edwards

What you have to specify is the minimum and maximum amounts of work you can buy under a single order. The purpose of the clause is to prevent the government from ordering an amount of work that would be uneconomically small or that would exceed the contractor's capacity. You must insert a measure of the minimum and maximum amounts of work that the government can order. It would make no sense to insert a unit price, and I don't know what you mean by "minimum/lowest CLIN value", "maximum CLIN", and "sum of selected CLINS". The number you insert should either be a total number of dollars that would reflect a specific amount of work or a total number of hours or other unit of work measurement.