DoD CAS Working Group Interim Gudance Papers

Are the DoD CAS Working Group Interim Gudance Papers available on the web?

I think you can find most of the substance of the CAS Working Group guidance within the DCAA Contract Audit Manual. If you need the exact papers, Lou Rosen collected them -- along with the Standards and preambles -- in a single book published last year. I don't believe they are available on the web outside of CCH or other subscription service.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

On a whimsical note, I have to ask you when you think the Working Group guidance should lose its "interim" status? After all, we're talking about the seventies here. The "interim" guidance is, what, roughly 40 years old? At what point do the working group documents ever become "final" guidance papers?

just wondering ... B)

And for others, let's be clear that we are talking about DOD-specific guidance issued in the 1970's to help contracting officers and others address issues/concerns with the then newly issued CAS rules and Standards. It is/was internal guidance only and not found in any statute or regulation. The DOD guidance has/had no effect on other agencies, and no effect on contractors, and has not (to my knowledge) been recognized as authorative by any court. The guidance is, however, embedded into current DCAA audit guidance, and thus affects how DCAA views and interprets CAS requirements today.

Hope this helps.

Are the DoD CAS Working Group Interim Gudance Papers available on the web?

Did you Google it? Try this link.

"We have attached a copy of the CAS Working Group Papers for your use in the interim:

http://acc.dau.mil/simplify/ev.php?ID=3220...mp;ID2=DO_TOPIC "