Jump to content
The Wifcon Forums and Blogs


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by khuggart

  1. I hadn't considered a partial termination ... that might be helpful as long as it doesn't cost the Government more money - I'm a steward to the taxpayer and am working hard to ensure the government isn't paying for something they don't need to pay for. My basis for repricing is just that - we are paying for ports that are inactive, and we shouldn't be paying for them. I understand we entered into this contract and an error was made in the port counts. It just needs to be corrected and I'm trying to find a way to correct it. It's a $3M contract with the intent to be $0 at the end of 3 year
  2. I have a contractor who was awarded an SBA 8(a) small business contract to support telecommunication services, awarded on a "per port" monitoring count basis, with FFP Monthly rates based on quantity of ports as described in the solicitation. Post Award we recognized that the "per port" monitoring count included inactive ports, which the Government cannot pay for since there is nothing to monitor. Being a telecommunication services contract, the intent of the solicitation was to remove all ports by May 2020. The per port count was provided by the PMO, who counted all ports rather than only
  3. Hello... I have a customer who is asking how we can provide a letter of authorization to obtain Government Pricing. We just awarded a contract to an SDVOSB. The Contractor needs to provide cell phones to his employees and other supplies. Without using GSA Schedules, he would like to go to a dealer, "Verizon" for example to obtain government pricing on the phones. I can't seem to find any authority for this ... has anyone else heard of this? Is there a way to do it? Attached is a sample letter they provided me. Is there any authority that permits this? Thank you LOA E
  4. On 9/20/17 I followon awarded a task order which was protested on 9/29 based on an argument between the two contractors who responded. Award was contingent on availability of Funds which was received 10/5/17. On 11/13/17 the protest was withdrawn. In the meantime, the existing task order was extended 4 months to keep the help 24/7/365 desk running. During that extension, the Program Office reduced Staffing from 12 (which is what the Contractors bid on) to 7 based on funding cuts. What options are available to me to award to this contractor without risking another protest? I have a few th
  5. I am getting ready to award a task order under Connections II for an enterprise land mobile radio system. I wrote Davis Bacon and Service Contract Acts into the RFP. The Contractor submitted a proposal stating the following: "Our subcontractors have assured us that none of their employees supporting these requirements are covered by the Davis Bacon Act. However, if it turns out that any of their next tier subcontractors will be covered under this Act, they will comply with all the requirements of the Davis Bacon Act." According to FAR 22.404-9 22.404-9 -- Award of Contract Without Require
  6. No, 52.242-17 is not included. This is a Firm Fixed Price Non-Construction Commercial services contract.
  7. Supplies and Services, Fixed Price. ATO is not mentioned in the contract.
  8. I have a project which needs to be extended 60 days due to the Government's inability to provide final Authority to Operate (ATO) on a Land Mobile Radio project that expires 28 June. The delayed ATO has resulted in delays in final cutover which was scheduled in May, and ultimately final acceptance of a $multimillion project before PoP End. It was the team's hope that the ATO would come through in a timely fashion and still allow for final acceptance by 28 June, but all are finally in agreement that it cannot happen. Therefore, the Government is requesting the extension. The Contractor says
  9. The customer has two possible solutions with installation on one of two servers. They would prefer the solution on the higher end server, but is concerned it may not fit within the budget, so if that is the case the lesser server would suffice. They are intending to purchase the new server. Both small businesses are capable of fulfilling the requirements of either solution for a LSC VoIP System upgrade. I hope this helps...
  10. I have a PWS which will be solicited under an existing Part 16 ID/IQ Contract (NETCENTS) for the Air Force as a Small Business Set-Aside (of which there are only two small businesses). My customer is requesting an upgrade to their VoIP system and has two alternative solutions which allows for installation on one of two types of servers. One server which they are uncertain will fit within their budget, the other server they believe will fit within their budget. How can I make this work for my customer so they receive the best solution at the best price? I've considered Best Value with Cost eq
  • Create New...