24 replies to this topic

#21 woops85

woops85

Bronze Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:47 AM

I missed the first part with the opening statements and Rep Issa's questions - did Neely take the Fifth in response to what's your job title? I thought Robertson came off looking the worst with the teeth pulling to get the name of who he spoke to at the White House

#22 contractgeek

contractgeek

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:57 AM

What I havent heard is who was the Chief Acquisition Officer at the time of the conference and what was their role? The CAO ia responsible for acquisition programs and for clear lines of responsibility in acquisition.

#23 here_2_help

here_2_help

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, wine-drinking, watching my two boys grow up. Rock-and-roll, jazz, stage plays and musicals. TV and films, but not video games. Philosophy, politics and religion, but not political or religious organizations.

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:51 AM

Vern asked in his original post whether entrepreneurial government was a mistake. I think that question misses the fundamental point. Entrepreneurial or prescriptive, unchecked government with lax internal controls and ineffective oversight is always a mistake.

Same holds true for private industry, tool. As Boeing, Enron, and many others have learned.

Same holds true for military command, though I'm not qualified to judge.

H2H

#24 woops85

woops85

Bronze Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 12:36 PM

@contractgeek - doesn't matter who CAO was. In GSA that's a pure policy role - it's a lower level that is responsible for making sure the rules are followed on a daily basis. Each service (FAS/PBS) at the Regional level has someone designated as HCA and Comp Adv. And since most of the individual actions wre valued at less than $650K, approval for sole-source would have been one level above the CO, not even the Comp Adv.

#25 contractgeek

contractgeek

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:48 PM

woop85 - agree there should have been more local accountability. The CAO is a political position and the rest of the politicals had to go, so why not the CAO too??? The Obama administration has made a big deal about appointes being qualified to do the job, i.e., no more FEMA Brownie's, so it makes me wonder.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users