21 replies to this topic

#21 Retreadfed

Retreadfed

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:27 AM

Retreadfed - So what is your view of this statement in the 13 CFR 121.401? Does it not mean that the rule at 13 CFR 121.404(g)requires to recertify its size status with regard to all the programs named?

"13 CFR 121.401 What procurement programs are subject to size determinations?
The rules set forth in §§121.401 through 121.413 apply to all Federal procurement programs for which status as a small business is required or advantageous, including the small business set-aside program, SBA's Certificate of Competency program, SBA's 8(a) Business Development program, SBA's HUBZone program, the Women Owned Small Business (WOSB) Federal Contract Program, SBA's Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business program, the Small Business Subcontracting program, and the Federal Small Disadvantaged Business (SDB) program."

To answer your question, 13 CFR 121.401 simply means that a concern must be small and may be required to certify its size status under any of the programs listed. It does not state or mean that status such as HUBZone or 8(a) is to be recertified under 13 CFR 121.404.

#22 Vern Edwards

Vern Edwards

Platinum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,591 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:29 AM

Carl:

I have answered the question and my answer is correct. The GAO decision does not answer the question, it does not tell me anything that I didn't already know, it doesn't say anything that I have not already said, and it is of no interest to me.

Have a nice day.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users