4 replies to this topic

#1 wayforward

wayforward

Copper Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 11:08 AM

Is there any recourse to an unfavorable CPAR rating? If the Reviewing Official concurs with rating, is it over or not?
what if there were factual inaccuracies in the CPAR evaluation? or it is clearly bias or "personal"?

#2 here_2_help

here_2_help

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, wine-drinking, watching my two boys grow up. Rock-and-roll, jazz, stage plays and musicals. TV and films, but not video games. Philosophy, politics and religion, but not political or religious organizations.

Posted 17 October 2011 - 04:21 PM

Is there any recourse to an unfavorable CPAR rating? If the Reviewing Official concurs with rating, is it over or not?
what if there were factual inaccuracies in the CPAR evaluation? or it is clearly bias or "personal"?

Yes. No. No.

You need to read the CPARS/FAPISS guidance. And a rating can be litigated if necessary.

Hope this helps.

#3 wayforward

wayforward

Copper Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 08:01 AM

I saw no specifics in the guidance about the step(s) after the Reviewing Official concurs (after considering the Govt's rating and the Contractor's rebuttal/non-concurrence). I understand that litigaton is rarely successful.

#4 Don Mansfield

Don Mansfield

Platinum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 03:06 PM

wayforward,

I suggest you read the September 2011 Briefing Papers article titled "Challenging Contractor Performance Evaluations: FAR Processes and Claims Before The Court of Federal Claims and The Boards of Contract Appeals" by Kara M. Sacilotto.

#5 wayforward

wayforward

Copper Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 10:24 AM

Excellent article and just the guidance I was seeking. It's too bad Briefing Papers aren't free.
Thanks again!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users