Agent or Representative of the Government

JohnCS

We have prime CPAF service contractor that likes to state that they are Agents or Representatives of the government. I don't see anything like this stated anywhere in their contract or can I find anything in the FAR. My understanding is the contractor is only an agent or representative of their corporation and are acting within the confines of their contract for which they submit invoices which are reimbursement by the government in accordance with their contract. I would like to stop them from making these misleading statements.

Am I correct?

Guest Vern Edwards

Whether or not a contractor is an agent of the government can be a very complicated question. It would be impossible for any of us to say that what your contractor is saying is incorrect. The contract does not have to expressly say that for it to be true. I would ask them on what basis they are making such a statement. After evaluating their response, if I thought they were not entitled to make that statement I would send them a letter telling them in no uncertain terms to knock it off. If this is serious, then it is something for you to discuss with your government attorney.