Transprotation "tenders" for govt clients

AVEC

Hello, new to the group and have a question (s) regarding the relationship between transportation tenders and how it links in (or if it does) to a govt contract.

I work for a trnasportion logistics company that performs a great deal of our freight movements by "tenders". I have been asking what contract the tenders are related to and what are the contract requirements and who is the contract administration authority.

I have been told by several acct managers the tenders are quotes that are accepted / approved by the govt and there is no connection to a master service agreement or contract. I find this difficult to accept as my experience is that there is always some sort of contract agreement between the govt contracting authority and the service provider and the answer I'm getting does not seem correct.

Granted my experience has not been in the transportation sector but logically this "no linkage" to a define agreement does not seem plausible to me.

I can not find anything in the FARS and google has not been very helpful either.

Anyone here have experience in this area that can advise me or refer me to some reference?

Thanks, Dave W

My understanding is as your account managers have stated.

When "product" has to be shipped; the government post a notice of how, what, when, where the product has to go. Tenders that are qualified, all place bids on the cost of the move.

The government has to start from the top of the qualified list which is rank by bid price and will ask each vendor if they will move the product. The government will move down the list until they get a vendor to accept the terms.

No master contract, each move is separate. The acceptance of the how, what, when, where would be the "Bill of Lading" or contract.

Very rough explanation.