Bid and Preparation Charges on ODCs and Travel-FSS Task Order

Weno2

I have read the following discussions pertaining to applying G&A on Travel costs and ODCs:

http://www.wifcon.com/discussion/index.php?showtopic=228

http://www.wifcon.com/discus/messages/8787/8669.html

I am assuming the same philosophy applies to charging B&P. Such negotiations are at the TO level, but a contractor may apply their B&P rate against their travel and ODCs.

I am assuming the same philosophy applies to charging B&P. Such negotiations are at the TO level, but a contractor may apply their B&P rate against their travel and ODCs.

Hi Weno2,

I would be surprised if any contractor had a "B&P rate" that was separate from its normal G&A rate. FAR 31.205-18 conditions allowability of B&P costs on compliance with some parts of CAS 420 -- and a unique indirect cost rate for B&P would seem to be a noncompliance with CAS 420 requirements.

If you are asking whether a contractor's proposal preparation costs could be an allowable direct charge to a Task Order under an ID/IQ contract, that's an entirely different question. Direct-charged proposal preparation costs and contractor B&P expense are not at all the same thing.

If you are asking the latter question, then we would need to know (at the very least) whether the language in the ID/IQ or in the Task Order required that a proposal be prepared, in order to answer that question with any definitiveness.

Hope this helps.

Hi Weno2,

I would be surprised if any contractor had a "B&P rate" that was separate from its normal G&A rate. FAR 31.205-18 conditions allowability of B&P costs on compliance with some parts of CAS 420 -- and a unique indirect cost rate for B&P would seem to be a noncompliance with CAS 420 requirements.

If you are asking whether a contractor's proposal preparation costs could be an allowable direct charge to a Task Order under an ID/IQ contract, that's an entirely different question. Direct-charged proposal preparation costs and contractor B&P expense are not at all the same thing.

If you are asking the latter question, then we would need to know (at the very least) whether the language in the ID/IQ or in the Task Order required that a proposal be prepared, in order to answer that question with any definitiveness.

Hope this helps.