Small Business Subcontracting to Large Business

We awarded a contract to a small business. It sold the facilities required to perform the work to a large business, and subcontracted the work we needed the small business to do for us to that large business.

Can the work we subcontracted to the small business still be included in our small business reporting, even though it is not doing the work?

Guest carl r culham

I do not believe so with the best one to answer your question being the contracting officer for your contract if you are the prime, or the prime if you are a subcontractor to them. Also depending on the value of the contract that is the subject of your question, it may be that the now large business needs to also now prepare a subcontracting plan.

• 1 month later...
I do not believe so with the best one to answer your question being the contracting officer for your contract if you are the prime, or the prime if you are a subcontractor to them. Also depending on the value of the contract that is the subject of your question, it may be that the now large business needs to also now prepare a subcontracting plan.

Why? Please cite a requirement the small business has to do the work. This is not a setaside, with a participation requirement. Unless there has been a novation of the contract, with the asset transfer, the questioner still has a contract with a small business, doesn't it? Also, the small business does not have to flow the subK plan down to the large business to whom it subcontracted.

Where in 19.7 does it say that a contractor cannnot report work in eSRS or on a 294 against its subK goals if the subcontractor it contracted the work does not perform the work?

Yes I agree with contractor 100. Unless I'm missing something, the small business is still responsible for performing the work for the prime. That doesn't change by them subcontracting and it doesn't change their status as a small bsuiness.

Guest carl r culham

Ok my mis-read and jumping to conclusion with regard to "facilities" and "to do" with manufacture. Noting, my corrected post would be - Discuss with the CO.