DoD: State of Competition within the Defense Industrial Base

I found a new report that is hot off the press.  It is called:  DoD: State of Competition within the Defense Industrial Base.

It was announced at the White House today in a Fact Sheet entitled:  Department of Defense Releases New Report on Safeguarding our National Security by Promoting Competition in the Defense Industrial Base.

In the report something called a Procurement Business Intelligence Service Competition Analysis Scorecard may exist somewhere in DoD.  I found it mentioned at p. 3 of the DoD report.  I found this toolbox (I'm sure you know how much I love the term scorecards and toolboxes.)

The first contracting law that I found was in 1792.  Since then there have been many perfections to the process by law, regulation, etc.  What we have is Procurement Process Perfection Proliferation or pee-pees for short.  (If I say pee-pees out loud my dogs will want to go outside and do something.)

My only complaint is it’s a political agenda item.  DoD was told to write a report saying “here’s the conclusion you must reach.”  I wouldn’t be surprised to hear the largest proportion of DoD is not unhappy with the existing vendor base.  It seems to me a report like this should be done objectively by GAO or a source not influenced by politics.