Compliance Matrix

josmim2002

I am currently working on a rather large proposal. One of the requirements of the RFQ is to provide a compliance matrix. Unfortunately, there is very little information regarding how to fill these matrices out. What they do say is: This matrix should demonstrate that the Offeror has complied with the requirements in the RFQ and provide traceabiliity from the requirement to the proposal.

These are the columns we need to address:

Requirement ID:

Requirement Description:

Offeror Complies (Yes/No)

Exceptions, if any (Exceptions must be noted if non-compliant)

RFQ Reference

Offeror Proposal Reference

Can you please tell me what exactly they are looking for us to do. Are they looking for us to provide input on every requirement. Normally, I have seen these as Non-Compliance Matrices. Where you only list those requirements you can't comply with.

Please help

Guest Vern Edwards

The matrix is a table.

Requirement ID is a row heading. You would have one row for each specific requirement. Insert the requirement "ID," which is probably a statement of work or specification paragraph number.)

The other items are column headings.

In each row/column cell, insert the information requested.

In the cell formed by Requirement ID and Requirement Description, insert a brief description of the requirement (or whatever info they instruct you to insert).

In the cell formed with Offeror Complies, insert Yes or No, depending upon your proposal response to the requirement.

In the cell formed with Exceptions, if you inserted No under Offeror Complies, state your exception (reason for noncompliance).

In the cell formed by RFQ Reference, insert the location (volume and/or page) in the RFQ where the requirement is stated.

In the cell formed with Offeror Proposal Reference, state where (volume and/or page) where you discuss your response to the requirement.

The matrix is a table.

Requirement ID is a row heading. You would have one row for each specific requirement. Insert the requirement "ID," which is probably a statement of work or specification paragraph number.)

The other items are column headings.

In each row/column cell, insert the information requested.

In the cell formed by Requirement ID and Requirement Description, insert a brief description of the requirement (or whatever info they instruct you to insert).

In the cell formed with Offeror Complies, insert Yes or No, depending upon your proposal response to the requirement.

In the cell formed with Exceptions, if you inserted No under Offeror Complies, state your exception (reason for noncompliance).

In the cell formed by RFQ Reference, insert the location (volume and/or page) in the RFQ where the requirement is stated.

In the cell formed with Offeror Proposal Reference, state where (volume and/or page) where you discuss your response to the requirement.

Vern,

Thank you for this. I figured it had to do with the SOW. So they want me to take every SOW reference and tell them if I comply? If not, I would then have to state why I don't comply, tell them where it is in the RFQ and then trace it back to the proposal. That makes sense, except it would be easier if they made it a "Non-Compliance Matrix," this way I wouldn't have to list every SOW reference. Only those I don't comply with, which more often than not, are none.

Very respectfully,

Joe Mimoso