SF26 Award document

baierle

Has anyone heard of contracting officer requiring contractor to sign block 19 of SF26 before CO/KO will sign block 20 to award the document? I think CO/KO is confused with SF30 modifications when she insists contractor sign first.

Any guidance on this will be helpful because right now, I am baffled.....

4.101 Contracting officer?s signature.

Only contracting officers shall sign contracts on behalf of the United States. The contracting officer?s name and official title shall be typed, stamped, or printed on the contract. The contracting officer normally signs the contract after it has been signed by the contractor. The contracting officer shall ensure that the signer(s) have authority to bind the contractor (see specific requirements in 4.102 of this subpart).

4.101 Contracting officer?s signature.

Only contracting officers shall sign contracts on behalf of the United States. The contracting officer?s name and official title shall be typed, stamped, or printed on the contract. The contracting officer normally signs the contract after it has been signed by the contractor. The contracting officer shall ensure that the signer(s) have authority to bind the contractor (see specific requirements in 4.102 of this subpart).

Well, at least I got the normal part right B)