PP Questionnaire Request Rejected for Subcontractor

We are responding to a DHS RFP.  It requires 3 past performance write ups AND 3 Past Performance Questionnaires. The PP Questionnaires are to be sent to the Project's COR or CO and then they are to send it directly to the RFP POC. The RFP allows us to submit past performances in which we were not the prime.  We sent a PP questionnaire to a COR on a project in which we were a sub (the only sub).  However, the COR stated that he cannot fill out the questionnaire because we're not the prime, neither can the prime fill out the questionnaire for us because they are a private company. He said he is contractually unable to fill it out. I have sent out many of these questionnaires in the past and have never received a response like that. In the past the COR/CO has completed it and sent it along, regardless of if we were a prime or sub. I have been looking through the FAR, but all I can find is info relating to the prime contractor.  I don't see anything that actually addresses the Gov't filling out a PP questionnaire or giving a rating to a subcontractor. Anyone have any advice, reference, anything that can prove that this is allowed?

46 minutes ago, Dot said:

The PP Questionnaires are to be sent to the Project's COR or CO and then they are to send it directly to the RFP POC. The RFP allows us to submit past performances in which we were not the prime.  We sent a PP questionnaire to a COR on a project in which we were a sub (the only sub). However, the COR stated that he cannot fill out the questionnaire because we're not the prime...

Have you considered sending the questionnaire to the CO instead of the COR?

Have you considered asking the CO why the COR cannot fill it out?

4 hours ago, Dot said:

The PP Questionnaires are to be sent to the Project's COR or CO and then they are to send it directly to the RFP POC.

Just out of curiosity, is the RFP prohibiting offerors from providing information on non-Federal government projects such a projects for a state or foreign government or a commercial project?

On 9/10/2021 at 12:05 PM, Dot said:

Anyone have any advice, reference, anything that can prove that this is allowed?

You're right about the regs.  Its allowed (I think).  But...

The problem is not what any particular reg does or does not state, its what the COR thinks they state.  Talking to the COR will be more productive than trying to prove a negative (that the FAR, et all. does not prohibit them doing a PPQ).

7 minutes ago, Vern Edwards said:

What if the COR just says it's their personal policy not to fill out such questionnaires?

Asking for a PPQ from a reference is like asking someone to go out on a date with you.  If they don't want to go on a date with you, you shouldn't keep asking them to go on the date with you.

Ask someone else.