Contract Acquired property delivery after POP end date

Angie152

Currently, I have a CPFF contract that a slated to end on 9/30/2021. The contract allows the contractor to acquired property on behalf of the government. A few of the delivery dates for the property will occur after the POP ends. Is a no-cost extension required to accept delivery?  Or can delivery happen after the POP? 

1. What is the purpose of acquiring property if the property will arrive after the PoP date ... which I assume is the date that the parties mutually agreed performance would have been completed and all deliveries made. I mean, if that's right then the property just seems like a big waste of money.

2. If the property is a deliverable under the contract, and the contract is a completion-type, then you don't need an extension BUT your contracting officer may think you haven't performed your duties as promised by the date you promised to perform them.

Angie,

Contractor acquired property (CAP) is property that a contractor acquires in order to perform a contract. Usually, the CAP is not a contract deliverable. However, since title to the CAP in a CPFF contract belongs the the Government, the contractor has to deliver the CAP to its rightful owner or otherwise comply with disposition instructions. No, a POP extension is not necessary for this. It is simply part of the contract administration process, and no additional payment is due.  Please see the contract clause at FAR 52.245-1, GOVERNMENT PROPERTY.

Angie, from the responses, looks like you should clarify what you are buying(?) or furnishing (?).

My question is why did you post this under the Covid-19 discussion area? Did it affect the performance or delivery schedule? If so, the contract period of performance can be extended. 

Thanks for your clarifications in advance. 🤠