GSA CTA

Agency has released an RFP requiring bidders to have been awarded a specific SIN on a specific MAS schedule. Two companies want to form a CTA to respond. Company 1 has been awarded the MAS schedule in question, but has NOT been awarded that SIN. Company 2 has not. Some say that's okay, because GSA wants to increase "total solutions" on schedule by allowing CTAs to cross SINs. Others (me included) say that each company must be capable of receiving an award, and if a condition of the award is that awardee have been awarded the specific SIN, Company 2 is not eligible for award.

What does anyone think? 

11 hours ago, formerfed said:

I agree it doesn’t make sense to restrict competition to a specific SIN.  

Why do you say that?  If the agency is purchasing a specific product under a SIN, would you say that firms that don’t have a GSA contract for that SIN should be able to compete? The link that you provided  is an example of why not. 

12 hours ago, joel hoffman said:

Why do you say that?  If the agency is purchasing a specific product under a SIN, would you say that firms that don’t have a GSA contract for that SIN should be able to compete? The link that you provided  is an example of why not. 

Why restrict the range of possible approach’s?  What’s the benefit?  You conceivably exclude a better or lowered priced offer.

What I said is there’s no requirement to specify a SIN.  

But if you do, offerors must be compliant.