Proposal Training

Chris22

Can anyone provide information on reputable workshops/training for bidding on government contracts?  I'm in the DC area, if that matters. I work in government contracting already, but I fell into it and don't have nearly enough training.  I came across a workshop recently on Unsolicited Proposals.  I'd love to know more  about this area, but the cost was $200 for a one-hour workshop.  Seems like a bit of a scam.  If that's the going rate, fine.  But I thought I should see if anyone had recommendations for quality training.  Thanks!

A couple of thoughts from somebody who does training from time to time.

1. You're not going to learn much from a one-hour session of pretty much anything in this business. At most, you'll receive a high-level overview.

2. $200 for one hour does not seem especially expensive to me -- $159 - $189 is the common rate I see for "webinars" of this sort

3. Your employer should be sending you to training sessions. From ACI to PCI to Fed Pubs, there are a number of seminars that might help you get where you want to go.

If you want a good general overview in a pinch, I highly recommend the Contracting Officer Podcast. They've devoted a handful of episodes to the proposal process, all of which I found helpful as a newcomer to Government contracting. 

Good luck!