Period of Performance Extension FFP Contract Mod

32 minutes ago, PATRICK3 said:

So basically, I can use this years funding as long as it hasn't been used for the full 12 months for a severable contract and extend that work?

You can use annual funds for an adjustment to the contract (whether or not by new CLIN), when the adjustment is contemplated by an existing contract clause such as the Delay of Work clause, Changes clause, Stop Work Order clause, and so forth.  But no, you cannot extend your severable services contract using annual funds to use up funds that are still on the table.

I agree with ji20874. You can't extend the contract just to use up funds.

But you're going to say that the government delayed the contractor and the work needed this year still has to be done as soon as possible. Right?

Remember my caveat about waiting until September. I don't think it's a big problem, but I've been wrong from time to time.

And let's see what some of the other people here think.

Patrick... The work still needs to be done this fiscal year. Period. Don't focus on funds. Funding takes care of itself.

If the work needs to be done this fiscal year, then it must be funded with this fiscal year's funds. If it continues into next fiscal year as a result of a screw up delay that requires an extension, then it still must be funded with this year's funds. Why? Because the Bona Fide Needs Rule says so.

But waiting until September to get the contractor started raises questions.

Get it? Now, sally forth and get it done, unless someone else has a better solution.