Insourcing

I have seen the insourcing process down here in the weeds but we worker-bee's are not privy to the details on how its working from a management viewpoint. So far it has affected office support positions mostly, resulting in some contractor personnel being selected for government positions and others losing their positions as the contract for those services is ended. The transitions have been timed to coincide with the end of the current contract completion date or end of current option period.

From this view point, the status of the contractor that is being let go due to insourcing is not the focus of that effort and is irrelevant. I have not seen any resistance to the insourcing trend due to the small business status of the affected contractor so far, and I watch for such information via Government Executive and GAO information.

I have no idea about the direct potential impact on small and minority owned business But I did hear several people from large defense contractors say it has a negative indirect impact. They claim whenever they lose out on existing work whether it's losing a competition of insourcing, they cut the use of subcontractor employees before getting rid of their own employees and most of the subcontracts they end are with small businesses

Guest Vern Edwards
Does anyone know how the insourcing directive set forth by the government will effect the minority owned and small businesses?!

That is one of those questions that makes me wonder. The answer, of course, is: Who knows? Common sense suggests that if there is less business generally there will be less business for MOSBs What else could anyone say?.