Proper Posting on Federal Business Opportunities (FBO)

styrene

I am looking for clear directions as to what category a notice should be placed under when posting on Beta.SAM.gov (FBO).

I have searched the FBO site and found only a brief description as to the categories and the types of notices that should be placed under each one https://www.fsd.gov/gsafsd_sp?id=gsafsd_kb_articles&sys_id=80e5f8211b5e601005f9a93ce54bcba4

I found the Air Force FAR (Part 5) Supplement that has the details I need; however, my organization is not under the AF or even DoD.  

In particular, I am looking for guidance / supporting documentation that talks to the placement of "Notice of Intent to Sole-Source".  I know that these types of notices do not belong under "Special Notices".  While I can logically show, based on the two documents, that the notice does not belong under "Special Notices", I prefer to be able to provide clear and convincing information to support my assertions.  Sadly, reasoning and logic these days tend to be countered with "the FAR doesn't say you cannot do that" or "Contracting Officer's discretion" and I would rather not deal with my head exploding.

IIRC,  I want to say that an instructor in one of my classes mentioned there was a sustained protest in which the notice of intent to sole source was placed under "special notices" or some other incorrect category, and a company protested that by placing the notice under the incorrect category, they did not see it and did not have an opportunity respond.  I searched the Google and the GAO site with many combinations of key words and came up empty.  Perhaps someone here knows the case to which I am referring.

Thanks in advance for any enlightenment one can share.

You post the justification with the solicitation. Still has to be posted to GPE. 

FAR 6.302-1(c)(ii)(C) - "The justification shall be posted with the solicitation (see 5.102(a)(6))."

FAR 5.102(a)(6) - "When an acquisition contains brand name specifications, the contracting officer shall include with the solicitation the justification or documentation required by 6.302-1(c), 13.106-1(b), or 13.501, redacted as necessary (see 6.305)."

Not like 6.302-2 where you can post after the fact. That would be an "Award Notice" for the purpose of your question. 

1 hour ago, styrene said:

I am looking for clear directions as to what category a notice should be placed under when posting on Beta.SAM.gov (FBO).

Regulations define the location for publishing opportunities over $25K as GPE. 

FAR 2.101 - "Governmentwide point of entry (GPE) means the single point where Government business opportunities greater than $25,000, including synopses of proposed contract actions, solicitations, and associated information, can be accessed electronically by the public. The GPE is located at www.fbo.gov."

FBO no longer exist.

Link - FBO.gov has moved (sam.gov)

"FBO.gov has been moved to beta.SAM.gov and is now known as Contract Opportunities."