8(a) Solicitation

Does the FAR Matrix outline the clauses that should be in an 8(a) solicitation?

See 19.811-3 -- Contract Clauses -- for the clauses that should be included in an 8(a) solicitation in addition to the Matrix for the type of contract.

See 19.811-3 -- Contract Clauses -- for the clauses that should be included in an 8(a) solicitation in addition to the Matrix for the type of contract.

Joel, Did you see what I said earlier just above your post? Or are you trying to increase your posting number now that you're gold? :)

Obviously I'm joking.

Joel, Did you see what I said earlier just above your post? Or are you trying to increase your posting number now that you're gold? :)

Obviously I'm joking.

Sorry, FF. I just wondered why the questioner asked about the FAR Matrix when they could look at it and see that it doesn't separately identify clauses specific to 8(a) contracts. Also, you didn't list all the applicable clauses that 19.811-3 says to include in 8(a) contracts.

I didn't see my message total count or designation. :)

Guest carl r culham

There is another reference to be aware of as well. The initial question leaves it unclear as to whether the solicitation is intended for a sole source or competitive 8(a) project. The other source for needs to be placed in the solicitation and most importantly the resultant sole source contract is the Partnership Agreement for delegation of direct contracting to the agency by SBA. Not all agency's have such an agreement with SBA but if yours does the terms of it shuld be reviewed as well. The agreement will not only stipulate required clauses but also other requirements regarding what is needed in the award document.

So borrowing from other posts the answer in total is - Yes the FAR matrix does but you should also check agency supplements and SBA/Agency Parternership Agreement if applicable.

mrbatesville,

Be sure to scroll to the bottom of the matrix and see Note 2. It lists clauses specific to 8(a) contracts:

Note 2: The following clauses are prescribed for use in Small Business Administration 8(a) contracts:

52.219-11, Special 8(a) Contract Conditions.

52.219-12, Special 8(a) Subcontract Conditions.

52.219-14, Limitations on Subcontracting.

52.219-17, Section 8(a) Award.

52.219-18, Notification of Competition Limited to Eligible 8(a) Concerns.

52.219-18, Alternate I

52.219-18, Alternate II