Set Asides - Government Language

I am seeing an abundance of bid advertisements given to me for document follow up with various "set-aside" notations and I have to determine our eligibility to bid these projects. I am a little apprehensive how I should define these terms in my mind. SO my question is: Do I literally interpret set aside notations? For example:

"HUBZone Set-Aside": Does that mean ONLY HUBZone business are allowed to bid or are they given a preference? It doesn't say 100% HUBZone Set Aside but that may mean nothing.

I guess it would really be helpful if there was someone who could give me a link or something that would definitively define all the terms used to denote set-asides so I can properly determine our eligibility to bid a project when I am given it.

I am seeing an abundance of bid advertisements given to me for document follow up with various "set-aside" notations and I have to determine our eligibility to bid these projects. I am a little apprehensive how I should define these terms in my mind. SO my question is: Do I literally interpret set aside notations? For example:

"HUBZone Set-Aside": Does that mean ONLY HUBZone business are allowed to bid or are they given a preference? It doesn't say 100% HUBZone Set Aside but that may mean nothing.

I guess it would really be helpful if there was someone who could give me a link or something that would definitively define all the terms used to denote set-asides so I can properly determine our eligibility to bid a project when I am given it.

See FAR Part 19 for a discussion of all Small Business Programs. You can see it here: https://www.acquisition.gov/far/.

Go to FAR Subpart 19.13 to see the discussion of HUBZones, set asides and "preference".