Determining What Clauses Should be Added or Removed

Prosperity

Hello,

I am currently working on a solicitation, I have been been given a list of clauses that could potential be added or removed from the solicitation. What is the best way to determine what clauses should be added or removed from a solicitation? Are they any particular resources available that could be leveraged in deciding what clauses should be added to solicitations. What is the best method to go about learning about adding clauses to any contract action to be exact? Any help would tremendously be appreciated. Thank You

Read the prescribing language for each clause, and decide it the clause fits.

Your organization might have a list or matrix of clauses for particular types of solicitations.  But even if it does, I still recommend reading the prescribing language.

Here is an example:

FAR 52.222-7 Withholding of Funds.

As prescribed in 22.407(a), insert the following clause:

WITHHOLDING OF FUNDS (MAY 2014)

The Contracting Officer shall, upon his or her . . . .

(End of clause)

The prescribing language is FAR 22.407(a).  If you go to FAR 22.407(a), you can decide if the clause is needed.  Sometimes, it will be an easy and immediate YES or NO answer.  Sometimes, you will have to really think.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/2/2021 at 11:32 AM, Prosperity said:

What is the best method to go about learning about adding clauses to any contract action to be exact? 

Know what Parts of the FAR and/or Supplement(s) cover your acquisition and read the Scope and/or Applicability sections, then read the applicable provision and clause prescriptions.

On 2/2/2021 at 8:32 AM, Prosperity said:

Any help would tremendously be appreciated.

Not to be forgotten.... if the clauses you are reviewing are agency specific ones the agency FAR supplement will provide the prescription in the essentially the same way that the FAR does.