Failure to Notify of Award

pbk

Anyone have any experience with contracting officers not providing notice of award or posting award in SAM?  I have had this happen twice within the same agency.  It seems like a methodology to avoid protests.  It's unacceptable that they don’t provide notice.  I finally received confirmation through the small business office on one of the contracts that award was made.  Filing a protest at this point after six months would not be helpful.  Is there a way to ensure this does not happen repeatedly in the future?  Any ideas to add some teeth to this?  The “oh well” answer seems to be terrible for the system.  

Notice to unsuccessful offerors is not required for all procurements.  Similarly, post-award synopsis is not required for all procurements.

I wonder if you are not getting notice because (1) notice is not required; or (2) your contracting officers do not understand the rules.  Maybe your small business office can help you discern which it is?  

14 hours ago, formerfed said:

pbk, what kind of procurement was it?  Open market competitive RFP, task.delivery order under GSA Schedule, order against GWAC or agency Multiple award IDIQ, etc.?

Also, what is the general magnitude of cost and was there a time limit on the period of validity of your quote or proposal? Would you expect to have to commit to your proposed price and performance for six months?

It is generally beneficial for someone competitively offering goods or services to be able to know the outcome. For one thing sellers can learn what something can be bought or sold for under the circumstances of the action.

Edit: There really isn’t enough information about the nature of the transaction to categorically determine that a notice of award is required or necessary. 

On 12/1/2020 at 2:14 PM, pbk said:

Anyone have any experience with contracting officers not providing notice of award

Just to be sure as to what we are talking about, are you asking about a failure to comply with FAR 15.503 in regard to a procurement conducted under FAR Part 15?