SF 1449 block 17

contractor100

Here are the instructions issued by DoD in regard to completing block 17 "The contractor is to complete this block.  They will enter their name, address, and cage code in block 17(a), and the will place an “X” in the block 17b if they have a remittance address that is different from that addressed in Block 17(a)."

Having flipped through a bunch of awards, I see that before aroudn 2015 there was in fact a space for DUNS at the bottom of block 17, definitely implying that DUNS doesn't go in either of the "code" boxes. But that line is gone now, and a good number of the awards I examined had the DUNS number in the first block. More than half of the awards had neither block filled out, though.

• 2 months later...
On 11/16/2020 at 10:10 AM, contractor100 said:

What goes in the little box labeled "code" - DUNS or Cage Code?

My thoughts.   While the interest to be concise in the completion of the 1449 in certain of its parts is appreciated  I do not think that inclusion or not of a code in 17a would be cause of an ineligible offer and/or award.  I know that was not the intent of the post but offered as a thought anyway.  

It seems to me that electronic systems have taken over the task of aligning contractor with code.  I would offer that if a contractor placed a code on the form  at time of award and data entry of that award if the data system found a different code for the contractor or vis a versa it would be a good reason to research it to make sure the correct entity of a contractor is being identified for the award.

I say all this noting that SAM puts a contractor through the wringer to align name with such things as DUNS and CAGE so from my view the form could go through one more iteration and have reference to code removed all together.

• 2 weeks later...