COTR responsibilities to monitor

wthimmes

I am a COTR for a Labor Hour/Fixed Price ID/IQ Contract. The Contractor is providing training course development and delivery services on behalf of my agency. What are the key areas to include in any task order regarding this contract. I was told "course title and date," but I am not sure that is specific enough for the work required. Thank you,

I believe that will depend on the contract. As the COTR, you should have a copy of the contract and if so you should be able to discern from the PWS the type of work the Contractor is to provide. If the courses are listed by course number/title, you may have been told correctly. For example, if the contract contains something like this:

CON100 - Contractor shall provide one (1) week of instruction IAW DAU standards and criteria... (this paragraph would be long).

Then all you should have to do on your Task Order is to state that the Contractor is to provide CON100 instruction in accordance with the PWS and the dates of the instruction.

If the contract is not that detailed, then you would need to detail the instruction to be provided in your task order. How else can you hold the Contractor to what they are supposed to provide?

Hope this helps.

:)

Thanks! that does help... a lot! :)

I believe that will depend on the contract. As the COTR, you should have a copy of the contract and if so you should be able to discern from the PWS the type of work the Contractor is to provide. If the courses are listed by course number/title, you may have been told correctly. For example, if the contract contains something like this:

CON100 - Contractor shall provide one (1) week of instruction IAW DAU standards and criteria... (this paragraph would be long).

Then all you should have to do on your Task Order is to state that the Contractor is to provide CON100 instruction in accordance with the PWS and the dates of the instruction.

If the contract is not that detailed, then you would need to detail the instruction to be provided in your task order. How else can you hold the Contractor to what they are supposed to provide?

Hope this helps.

:D