CDRL Numbering

Loul

I have a question regarding CDRL Numbering in Block 1.  I have always seen numbering A001, A002, etc.  Today in reviewing a solicitation there were CDRLs numbered with an "A", "B", and "C" as the starting alpha character.  The number of the preceding CDRL was not A999, so i am wondering if the leading Alpha character has any special meaning or significance.

Thank for your help.

• 5 months later...

Hi, 

As it relates to this topic I am posting this question here.  I am in the process of preparing for an acquisition purchase.  

I have previously supported PO implementation contracting activities (for years).  However, this is the first time I have worked within the process that comes before award.  Now, my issue at the moment is about selecting the appropriate CDRLs for the solicitation.

I see that Don mentions "exhibits" ?  What are exhibits?  

I nee to decide which CDRLs to request the vendor.

Thanks in advance,

Jose

1 hour ago, JoseO said:

I see that Don mentions "exhibits" ?  What are exhibits?

DFARS 204.7101:

“Exhibit” means a document, referred to in a contract, which is attached and establishes requirements for deliverables.  The term shall not be used to refer to any other kind of attachment to a contract.  The DD Form 1423, Contract Data Requirements List, is always an exhibit, rather than an attachment.