CCM vs Decision Document

KMKC

I was used to writing BCM and CMM (Business Clearance/Contract Clearance) documents under FAR Part 15.  I've submitted the same for FAR Part 16 procurements to Legal for review (our threshold is over 2M) and it's been causing some confusion.  I went back into older contract files and found the KO wrote "Decision Documents IAW FAR Part 16.505(b)(7)" and there was no legal review.

Would you consider a Decision Document to hold the same weight as a BCM/CCM? It just doesn't seem necessary according to the FAR. I know asking our local policy will be like opening a huge can of worms so I want to think about this before I bring it to them.  Thanks for any responses.

On 8/11/2020 at 3:29 PM, KMKC said:

Would you consider a Decision Document to hold the same weight as a BCM/CCM? It just doesn't seem necessary according to the FAR.

Nope.  BCM/CCM apply to FAR 15.  The Decision Document just shows why a source was selected.  It should be very brief unless the ordering process got off to a complicated start like using FAR 15 terminology and procedures.