"Life Support" Pricing

Hello - we are a subk on a contract and have not bid for this particular ODC before since our folks have been on military installations.  Our prime is asking for "life support" pricing.  Can anyone provide guidance on this?  I looked at State Department allowances, but not sure which would apply.  Assume housing, but what else?  Would per diem apply if they are actually living there (not a TDY)?  Recommendations where I can find a list of items for bidding purposes?  TIA.

1. State Department allowances do not apply to contractor employees.
  2. I did a google search on "contract life support" and found several hits on the first page for contracts to support embassies (State) and other operations overseas (Defense).  
  3. For anyone here to give you an answer, he or she would have to know cost-reimbursement, fixed-price, materials under T&M, or whatever is the pricing arrangement.  He or whe would also want to know if competitive or non-competitive.
  4. Assuming non-competitive and cost-reimbursement (or materials under T&M), you might start with FAR 31.205 and look at the subsections that deal with the types of costs you are wondering about.

8 minutes ago, ji20874 said:
  1. State Department allowances do not apply to contractor employees.
  2. I did a google search on "contract life support" and found several hits on the first page for contracts to support embassies (State) and other operations overseas (Defense).  
  3. For anyone here to give you an answer, he or she would have to know cost-reimbursement, fixed-price, materials under T&M, or whatever is the pricing arrangement.  He or whe would also want to know if competitive or non-competitive.
  4. Assuming non-competitive and cost-reimbursement (or materials under T&M), you might start with FAR 31.205 and look at the subsections that deal with the types of costs you are wondering about.

38 minutes ago, teemdee said:

Recommendations where I can find a list of items for bidding purposes? 

For starters, you may wish to read this audit https://www.dodig.mil/reports.html/Article/2119448/audit-of-the-armys-base-life-support-contract-for-camp-taji-iraq-dodig-2020-069/

Thanks all.  This is a competitive bid.  Prime asked us to price as FFP (assume since this is an IDIQ that pushes through mostly product, not services).  This is a TO.  We have a PWS, but it doesn't provide the contract type nor any details on" life support."  Instead, it provides what WILL be covered under the order and not what the contractor is expected to support financially.  We can assume housing, visas, passports, DL fees in the location, etc.  Bidding as FFP, I want to ensure we capture everything.  If it had been cost plus, it would be a tad easier. 

• bob7947 locked and unlocked this topic
  • bob7947 locked this topic