Jump to content
The Wifcon Forums and Blogs

Recommended Posts

Can you please be more specific as to the applicability of the SOP, guide, or plan? Will it be applied by the government or by a contractor? What type of contract? Et cetera.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Former CO said:

Does anyone have a link to a good Contract Administration SOP, guide, or plan?  Thanks!

Consider doing a internet search on the term "COR Work Plan".   In today's word it is akin to a SOP on the government side and the information found may be of an assist for your quest.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Specifically, I'm looking for guidance on administering a Government contract.  How to, etc. It will be to assist contractor employees in administering contracts for the Government.  Thanks.

10 hours ago, here_2_help said:

Can you please be more specific as to the applicability of the SOP, guide, or plan? Will it be applied by the government or by a contractor? What type of contract? Et cetera.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let's be very clear: you are looking for an SOP, guide, or other document that explains to contract employees (hired by the government via contract or by independent contractor agreement) how to administer a contract. Please confirm. And please confirm you are looking only for post-award administration, not for guidance that spans the entire lifecycle of a government contract. I.e., from contract award through close-out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, here_2_help said:

Let's be very clear: you are looking for an SOP, guide, or other document that explains to contract employees (hired by the government via contract or by independent contractor agreement) how to administer a contract. Please confirm. And please confirm you are looking only for post-award administration, not for guidance that spans the entire lifecycle of a government contract. I.e., from contract award through close-out.

This is exactly correct.  I'm primarily interested administration through close-out, but the whole life cycle would certainly be nice. Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Former CO said:

It will be to assist contractor employees in administering contracts for the Government.

A quick question, how will such administration be done in light of FAR 7.503(c)(12)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Retreadfed said:

A quick question, how will such administration be done in light of FAR 7.503(c)(12)?

I'm not the CO, but I imagine the contractor personnel will do a lot of the legwork with Government folks doing things like "ordering changes in contract performance or contract quantities, taking action based on evaluations of contractor performance, and accepting or rejecting contractor products or services)."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Former CO said:

This is exactly correct.  I'm primarily interested administration through close-out, but the whole life cycle would certainly be nice. Thanks.

All right. Now we're getting somewhere. First, I do not know of such a document; however, I don't think it would be difficult to create one. The outline would be created from DCMA instructions and a surveillance plan, and the content would be populated from the same instructions and the FAR. Sorry I cannot be of more assistance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Former CO, if you do not know what the contractor personnel will be doing, how can you create a plan for them to follow?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...