CLIN Structuring - CPFF Task Order

Hi All,

I am currently in the process of beginning to work a pre-award for a CPFF Task Order.  I am currently in a debate with my COR who seems to think that having one CLIN for all of the work is sufficient. I've been attempting to explain that we should have multiple CLINS to segregate costs and should be broken out, even including a Not Separately Priced CLIN for CDRLs, a CLIN for ODC, etc.   

Is there any clear guidance on how CLINS should be structured?

Thanks for the assistance!

4 hours ago, tranceaddict said:

Hi All,

I am currently in the process of beginning to work a pre-award for a CPFF Task Order.  I am currently in a debate with my COR who seems to think that having one CLIN for all of the work is sufficient. I've been attempting to explain that we should have multiple CLINS to segregate costs and should be broken out, even including a Not Separately Priced CLIN for CDRLs, a CLIN for ODC, etc.   

Is there any clear guidance on how CLINS should be structured?

Thanks for the assistance!

See FAR subpart 4.10. If you are with DoD, see DFARS 204.71. After reading those, ask yourself if it makes sense to have multiple line items for the purpose of segregating costs. When you're thinking about it, do not consider what you or others have done in the past or what you've been told.

6 hours ago, ji20874 said:

I'm with your COR, assuming the work is one overall project and one funds code.  You can get all the cost segregation information you need in a report to accompany each invoice.

Agree.  Since you are doing a CR type contract, it’s probably true the nature of work isn’t precise.  The question is why would you want to make performance more constrictive than necessary?  You usually want flexibility and efficiency.