What does the SF30 Block 1 Contract ID Code mean?

aordway

On the SF30 form used for contract modifications, Block 1 ways "CONTRACT ID CODE", and the instructions for filling out the SF30 on page 2 says "Insert the contract type identification code that appears in the title block of the contract being modified."  What is the SF30 form looking for us to insert in this block? I could not locate a field called "contract type identification code" or anything similar on common award documents (SF26 and SF1449). My logical assumption is that it just wants the 9th digit in the Procurement Instrument Identifier(PIID) [e.g. C for contracts or P for Purchase Orders], however we use PD2 as our contract writing system, and the dropdown choices we have for completing Block 1 are A, J, K, L, R, S, T, U, V, Y, or Z.   C and P are not answer choices, which makes me think that it is asking for a different code than the 9th digit in the PIID. Anyone know what this question is asking?

Visit https://www.fpds.gov/help/Type_of_Contract.htm

The following apply to all Awards and IDVs

A Fixed Price Redetermination

B Fixed Price Level of Effort

J Firm Fixed Price

K Fixed Price with Economic Price Adjustment

L Fixed Price Incentive

M Fixed Price Award Fee

R Cost Plus Award Fee

S Cost No Fee

T Cost Sharing

U Cost Plus Fixed Fee

V Cost Plus Incentive Fee

Y Time and Materials

Z Labor Hours

The following apply to IDVs only:

1 Order Dependent (IDV allows pricing arrangement to be determined separately for each order)

The following apply to Awards only:

2 Combination (Applies to Awards where two or more of the above apply)

3 Other (Applies to Awards where none of the above apply)