Living Allowance as a % of Per Diem

Somewhere in the depths of the Federal or Joint Travel Regulations is a prescription to use 55% of the usual per diem rates for living allowances for temporary assignments over 60 days, or so I am told, but cannot find it.

Can anybody steer me to the answer?

Cajuncharlie,

Perhaps others are better researchers than I am, but I don't think you can find what you're looking for in the FTR, JTR or DSSR. I am only aware of two types of travel -- Temporary Duty (TDY) assignments and Permanent Changes of Station (PCS).

Many contractors have developed a third type of travel, e.g., Long-Term Temporary Assignment (or some similar name) for assignments of between 60 days and one year. But so far as I know, the official Government travel regulations don't recognize it.

I look forward to somebody else providing more info.

I know that the DoD JTR or other DoD travel regs do address reduced per diem for long term TDY assignments, but I'm on a TDY field trip with only BB service. I'm sure someone here can find the reference.

I had employees and a contractor on long term TDY assignments who had to consider these restrictions (it was in his contract).

Guest Vern Edwards
Somewhere in the depths of the Federal or Joint Travel Regulations is a prescription to use 55% of the usual per diem rates for living allowances for temporary assignments over 60 days, or so I am told, but cannot find it.

Can anybody steer me to the answer?

DOD JTR Volume II, Ch. 4, Part L, para. 4561.