BOE - Basis of Estimates

I am looking for an example of a completed typical "Basis of Estimate" that the Government likes. We have a BOE form that similar to the one shown at http://www.propricer.com/estimating/

If we have 100 WBS elements then, we submit 100 pages. Many of those pages are just a few lines of information. If I were an auditor, I would find these cumbersome. I could easily consolidate the information and list five or so on a page.

I would like to give the reviewer what they want to see to make it easiest on them. Also, at what level do you want to see. For instance, we usually always have the last Element as 1.x Management. Under 1.x we usually have 1.x.1 Program management, 1.x.2 Business management, 1.x.3 Configuration management, 1.x.4 Documentation, and 1.x.5 Risk Management.

Does the reviewer want to see one BOE for "1.x management" which includes the lower levels or do they want to see a separate document for each lower element.

Thank you

Guest Vern Edwards

You would stand a better chance of getting a helpful answer if you would specify your industry and the government market in which you sell. Do you provide support services? Do you develop major weapon systems? Do you operate and maintain government facilities? Do you manufacture products to military or federal specifications? Do you provide construction or demolition services? Do you conduct research and development? If you are not specific, the answers that you get here, if you get any, are going to be all over the place.