FAR threshold updates on current contracts

brad

Is there any language in the FAR that covers the policy for the contractor to request the KO to update the current active contract to the latest FAR thresholds?    For example, the TINA update to 2mil and the simplified to $250k and the micro at $10k?    I was in a class recently and remembered the presenter saying the contracting officer MUST update the contract to the latest FAR requirements when/if requested.    Can anyone shed some light on this?   thanks in advance. 

I don't know about a requirement, but see Section 821 of the 2018 NDAA, which makes changes to acquisition thresholds applicable to all contracts on the date the changes become effective, without regard to the date the contracts were awarded/executed. Is that what you are thinking of?

And, as always, a big thanks to Bob for the annual NDAA analyses that make finding such a provision so much easier!

21 hours ago, brad said:

Is there any language in the FAR that covers the policy for the contractor to request the KO to update the current active contract to the latest FAR thresholds?    For example, the TINA update to 2mil and the simplified to $250k and the micro at $10k?    I was in a class recently and remembered the presenter saying the contracting officer MUST update the contract to the latest FAR requirements when/if requested.    Can anyone shed some light on this?   thanks in advance. 

There's no general FAR rule. However, when DoD implemented the increased TINA threshold, they included a statement that contracting officers shall modify contracts to include modified versions of FAR 52.215-12 and -13 at the request of contractors. See https://www.acq.osd.mil/dpap/policy/policyvault/USA001197-18-DPAP.pdf