Task Orders

I am working on a task order off an existing IDIQ.  The IDIQ has a POP.  this is a task order for supplies.  Can I issue my task order with a delivery date and unit of issue as each?  or do I need to keep the task order consistent with the base contract? Thank you!

Absent seeing the actual parent contract my thoughts are -

In truth pursuant to the FAR you are doing a Delivery Order if the parent IDIQ is solely for supplies.   FAR 16.501-1.

A delivery date can be placed on the delivery order but it would have to be consistent with any delivery expectations expressed in the parent IDIQ.   The POP for the parent IDIQ is a different matter than the delivery date for supplies ordered.  In part if FAR Clause 52-216-22 is in the contract it will help demonstrate the difference between the parent IDIQ POP and an a delivery order stated delivery.   

I have not researched to provide you with an appropriate reference but there is a strong possibility that if the parent IDIQ does not discuss allowance to depart from the pricing unit as stated in the parent IDIQ it could be reasoned that using something other could be construed as an order outside the scope of the parent IDIQ.