Hmmm...  I don't see this kind of a set-aside listed in FAR 19.000(a)(3) or FAR subpart 6.2.  I understand and have done both 8(a) set-asides and 8(a) competitive procurements, but I've never done either where we further limited to a subcategory within 8(a), such as Jewish 8(a), Asian-Pacific Islander 8(a), African-American 8(a), or Tribal/ANC/HNO 8(a).  Have you talked to SBA yet?

https://beta.sam.gov/opp/dbeec4459bbf4522a1c7b03073a083d8/view

I don’t know why they did this.  Seems like a lot of work.  They could have asked sources to do a presentation, check out past performance references, and selected one for negotiations and award.

Edit:  I now see they they intend to make multiple IDIQ awards.  Really strange.   This approach seems to me to have few if any, advantages over use of existing contracts but lots of negatives. 

This reference goes along with the posts so far (no pun intended) either directly or indirectly.    13 CFR 124.506.  Noting the nuances it would not be surprising to me that SBA in discussion with the agency would give the okay for a limited 8(a) competition.  They have the power to do so.