Question on the SF 30

bob7947

Posted for vmatthews

Question on the SF 30, block 3, how does effective date relate to funding of supplemental agreements? On the reverse of the SF 30, it states that "for a supplemental agreement, the effective date shall be the date agreed to by the contracting parties." I have researched the issue of available funding and effective date, but I can't find any discussion. For example, the supplement agreement adds $10,000. During January, the contracting office received certified funding of $8,500 Block 3, effective date is 1 Feb. The remaining funds are received on 10 Feb, the contractor signs the mod on 10 Feb and the contracting officer signs the mod on 11 Feb. Question: For a supplemental agreement that adds funds to the contract, when should all funding be certified? On or before the effective date or before the contracting officer signs the mod?

Guest Vern Edwards
Posted for vmatthews

Question on the SF 30, block 3, how does effective date relate to funding of supplemental agreements? On the reverse of the SF 30, it states that "for a supplemental agreement, the effective date shall be the date agreed to by the contracting parties." I have researched the issue of available funding and effective date, but I can't find any discussion. For example, the supplement agreement adds $10,000. During January, the contracting office received certified funding of $8,500 Block 3, effective date is 1 Feb. The remaining funds are received on 10 Feb, the contractor signs the mod on 10 Feb and the contracting officer signs the mod on 11 Feb. Question: For a supplemental agreement that adds funds to the contract, when should all funding be certified? On or before the effective date or before the contracting officer signs the mod?

Funds must be available when the obligation is made. The obligation is made when the CO signs the contract or mod. Thus, the funds must be available when the CO signs the contract or mod. The effective date of the contract or mod is not necessarily the same as the date on which the obligation is made. In fact, the operative effect of the effective date is indeterminate outside of the context of a particular contract term.