Floor Checks in Persistent Telework Situations

1 hour ago, pmh said:

Is there a difference between telework and remote work?  Can't find much info on it, but the questions been asked.

You must be dealing with an attorney.

Yes, there may be a difference between the terms, based on how the contractor is defining things. From way over here, telework involves an agreement that an employee will "work from home" while working remotely implies work from other locations, such as satellite offices or even taking a call while driving (hands-free, of course).

Now that I've differentiated the terms, I'm sure others will weigh in to tell me I'm wrong. Perhaps! If people (or lawyers) are concerned about the differences in terms, they should define them for their unique circumstances, and then follow the definitions consistently.

1 hour ago, here_2_help said:

Now that I've differentiated the terms, I'm sure others will weigh in to tell me I'm wrong. Perhaps! If people (or lawyers) are concerned about the differences in terms, they should define them for their unique circumstances, and then follow the definitions consistently.

I suspect h2h is right along with the fact that there will be a difference in view from agency to agency and most likely office to office.    This website might add help (or confusion?) to the discussion but it is a government source.....https://www.telework.gov/about/ 

On 4/1/2020 at 8:25 AM, Mayonayze said:

Maybe this was figured out long before COVID, but I googled for a while and couldn't find anything. The question is simple: how does DCAA handle floor checks for large populations of remote and telework contractors?

The same way it's done for people working in multiple locations.  Nothing new here.

18 hours ago, Jacques said:

Research pointer:  For some reason, the FAR uses the words, "telecommuting" and "telecommute" rather than "teleworking" or "telework."

Telecommute by contractors goes back so long I had to look it up.  The FAR was revised in 2003 to allow it based on a statutory action.

We're having them conduct floor checks virtually. However, in this environment, not everyone they are floor checking has a camera on their computer and they've been trying to use FaceTime or similar app on a smart phone.   Our employees don't like getting an unannounced video call while working from home during this situation, especially with ITC concerns.  We've had some concerns about social engineering, too.